Happy Valentine’s Day all! I made some cookie pops last week for one of my sons classes. Here are a few pictures of the finished cookies. Hope that you all enjoy today and got spoiled by your loved ones. Of course we should act like it’s valentine’s day everyday…just saying 🙂 I also made some Red velvet whoopie pies and chocolate covered strawberries for my husband and kids. More about that tomorrow.
Basic Sugar Cookies
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bake sheet with parchment paper.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 eggs, plus1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Cream butter, cream cheese, sugar and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl lightly mix eggs and vanilla together. With the mixer running on medium low, slowly add egg mixture to creamed butter mixture, continue mixing until combined. Turn off mixer, using a wooden spoon or a sturdy spatula gradually fold dry mixture into wet mixture and continue to fold until combined.
2. Divide the dough into four flat disc and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Remove chilled dough one disc at a time and roll on a lightly floured surface into 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Bake cookies for about 8-10 minutes.
Source: Bakers Royale